Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated into any contract arising from any quotation, and no other Terms and Conditions which would conflict, vary or negate any of our Conditions, will be accepted unless agreed in writing by ELS Surfacing and Civils Limited (The Company).
1. Any order arising out of our quotation is subject to the written acceptance of The Company.
2. Our quotation is Not a fixed price unless agreed otherwise.
3. Our quotation is open for acceptance for three months.
4. Our quotation is based on an agreed Maintenance Period which shall be no greater than one year and shall be deemed to commence onthe substantial completion of the whole of our works or phased parts as agreed.
5. Subject to re-measurement upon completion unless expressed otherwise in our quotation. Should quantities be reduced from the original quotation, ELS Surfacing and Civils Limited reserves the right to increase the rates to a reasonable level to compensate for the reduction in area.
6. Our quotation is based on no retentions being deducted from any interim or final account unless agreed in writing by the company.
7. Any additional works ordered and agreed by our client or his representative shall be totally binding and not subject to the client’s agreement and contract terms with his employer, payment of such additional works shall be due as our company’s Terms and Conditions.
8. We do not accept responsibility for any defects or damage arising from cause outside our control, including any unsuitability weakness or latent defects in the foundations (installed by others) upon which our works shall be carried out.
9. Our quotation does not include for any Protection of the works against damage caused by others either during or after completion of our work.
10. Our quotation allows for 1 number of visits to complete the works unless otherwise stated. Any additional visits required will becharged accordingly to cover labor and plant movement on and off site plus any additional costs we incur.
11. Any contract arising from this quotation will not be subject to any rights to set-off.
12. Our quotation is based on minimum areas of work to be agreed at pre-contract stage.
13. Our quotation is always based on suitable access and egress being given .
14. Our quoted rates or prices are based on normal working hours during the normal five-day working week.
15. Unless expressly stated, our quotation does not allow for any licenses, permits or permission required for the execution of the works.
16. Our Client shall provide all setting out lines and levels adequate to enable satisfactory construction and measurement of the works.
17. Our quotation is based on the design levels are in accordance with the minimum British Standard requirements (BS594987), and noliability will be accepted by our Company for inadequate levels or installed by others falls.
18. Payment will be due 30 days from the receipt of our invoice. If payment is not made by the due date ELS Surfacing and Civils Limited reserves the right to suspend current works on site and any additional costs incurred as a direct result of this will be chargeable. Failure topay by the due date will also attract a charge for interest on the outstanding monies at a rate of 3% per annum over the B.O.E base lending rate and this charge will be full months and not parts thereof.
19. No discount is allowed unless expressly stated and agreed at Contract Stage.
20. No retention has been allowed for in our quotation, however any agreed retentions held shall be reduced by 50% on the Attainmentof Substantial Completion of the whole or any phase of the works. All outstanding Retentions due shall be paid on the date of expiry of our Work Maintenance Period(s), whether for the whole or parts of our works.
21. Our quotation is based on present rates and conditions of labour, plant, materials, transport and handling, adequate supplies or fueland power, Government Taxes and is subject to any variation in these costs as applicable.
22. In the event of cancellation or postponement by the customer and we are unable to find suitable alternative works for our programmedresources, all costs incurred including loss of profit will be passed on to the customer.
Sub-Contractor Terms and Conditions are available upon formal request.